Friday, 10 February 2012


Unfortunately the weather has finally had a impact on the build. After snow last weekend the yard has been completely frozen up. The insulation blocks for the sides have now arrived and I was hoping to start on the insulation of the arch this week but the old insulation sand and pearlite mix has been frozen solid all week so I'll have to wait until it thaws before that job can be started. Also, the fireclay mortar between the secondary arch bricks is frozen so ramming and filling those gaps again, will have to wait until it defrosts a little. The other outstanding job is taking the chimney out through the roof which again has been put on hold until the ice on the roof has melted. Hopefully the firebricks for the floor, grate and door will be arriving soon so that is another job on the list.

Roll on the spring :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment