Wednesday 3 September 2014

What I did on my summer holidays

I have just returned from a great 4 days attending the 2nd European Wood Fire Conference, held at the International Ceramic Research Centre - Guldagergaad, Skaelskor. Denmark.


This was a vibrant event attended by around 150 wood firers from 19 countries. The centre has great facilities, well equipped workshops and includes some interesting wood kilns. I was part of the panel presenting on Wood-firing in education.




Skaelskor, is a lovely small town on the edge of a fjord.


As the nights start to draw in, it's now time to start thinking about the next firing in the Wysing Arts Centre kiln. Earlier in the summer Steve Parry and I got the soft wood down and stacked, just need to get the hardwood down there over the next few weeks for firing hopefully around early November.



I have some pieces which are being shown as part of a new exhibition at Wysing Arts Centre  entitled "The influence of furniture on Love" . below is one of the pieces which stands about 120 cm tall.



Finally, another gratuitous plug for my "Firing kilns" book. Clicking on the title link will take you to the Bloomsbury web site for more information. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment