Friday, 16 March 2012

Tying up ends

Well, The first firing is about a month away and  yesterday was spent with Rob collecting four bundles of hardwood edgings which are now stacked undercover. The rest of the wood for the firing (about 8 palletts of pine edgings), is hopefully coming the week after next, so fuel gathering is well underway.

I've also started laying the floor and grate, all the whole bricks are layed and now I've got to start cutting filler bricks. This will be done the week after next as I'm busy doing other things next week. The steel uprights should also be finished next week so again week after next I should be able to get the bulk of it done.

  As the firing gets closer and seeing the inside of the kiln taking shape, I'm starting to be able to visualise how the kiln might be packed. Exciting stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Very neat tidy looking kiln. Hope it fires well. Very jealous you can still get a hold of the side rippings for firing.
    Look forward to seeing the results of the first firing.