Tuesday 22 May 2012

A few small events

Well it's been a few weeks since the last firing, all the grinding has been done and it was time to start getting organised for the various shows I'm doing over the summer. Over the bank holiday week end 6th- 7th May I was asked to take part in some making demos at Rufford Country Park helping to promote Craft and Design month as well as the rapidly approaching Earth and Fire event now in it's 18th year. (This year it runs from Friday 22nd June to Sunday 24th). This was well attended and Polly Uttley and myself stoically demonstrated even though the weather was freezing. On the Monday we were allowed inside, which at least meant we could feel our fingers :-)




Last weekend 20th May I was showing in Loughborough town Centre in an event entitled Ceramics in Charnwood. Again, this event was organised to promote ceramics in Leicestershire and also to promote Craft and Design month. Again it was freezing but well attended. As I write this we have the first hot day of the year, and I'd be loving it if I didn't have a stinking cold. Whoop!



Now looking forward to Earth and Fire in a month or so. followed 2 weeks later by Art in Clay at Hatfield House :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment